The benefits of using a fiber cement in commercial jobs

Fiber cement is an agile material and a smart choice for greener projects. Understand how to offer this product to your clients and how its use can also help the environment.

December 22, 2023   -  SUBJECT: FIBER CEMENT

blog.png

House with Coverings Eco-Cem® fiber cement façade.

Fiber cement is a product derived from the combination of cement and other fibers of any kind, whether animal or vegetable. There are many fiber cement materials and products on the market, always reinforced with fibers that help strengthen the material. 

It has been widely used in various construction projects, including cladding and roofing products. For example, Eco-Cem® from Coverings Etc can be used in external cladding, floors, walls or industrial design projects and is a frost-resistant and highly wear-resistant material.  

In an effort to ensure the well-being of the environment and create efficient solutions to eliminate waste, Coverings Etc's Eco-Cem® is made with 80% recycled Portland cement mixed with fly ash that has been spared from contaminating waterways and the remaining 20% recycled wood pulp, creating a high-quality, environmentally friendly product that uses minimal materials and energy in its manufacture.  

Today, fiber cement is a sustainable and healthy alternative to the use of asbestos roof tiles, since it has been discovered that asbestos is harmful to health and the environment, including the development of cancer. Thinking mainly about commercial projects, the use of materials that do not harm the health of clients is extremely important, considering the high flow of people. In addition to providing a unique aesthetic result for the space. For example, Eco-Cem® contains no resins, epoxy or VOCs, which means it is breathable and helps improve indoor air quality.  

samples2.jpg

Coverings Eco-Cem® samples.

Key benefits  

Here are some of the benefits of using this type of material in commercial buildings:    

Facade construction  

With these tiles it is possible to create incredible and professional facades for different types of businesses, such as: sheds, warehouses and stores. This means that this type of material is not limited to roof tiles.    

High resistance and durability  

Fiber cement products are very durable, which is why they are most often used outdoors. They can withstand drastic temperature changes, climate changes and other factors.      

Thermal Insulation   

Fiber cement is an excellent alternative for improving acoustics and maintaining a balanced temperature. Panels or tiles made of this material improve air circulation and maintain temperature.    

Low cost  

Another positive aspect of using fiber cement in commercial projects is its value. The price of the product is more affordable and generates significant savings in the project budget.   

Ease of installation  

Fiber cement slabs or tiles are lightweight, despite their high strength, and are easy to install, requiring fewer support pads or beams.

office.jpg

Office project with fiber cement walls.

Our Experience with Fiber Cement  

At Coverings ETC, we understand the importance of creating products that are innovative, durable and environmentally responsible. In our catalog, Eco-Cem® stands out as a versatile and resilient product where you can customize the size and color options to meet your specific needs, making it the ideal choice for innovative and durable building projects. In addition, the pre-consumer recycled content in Eco-Cem® contributes to LEED® points for USGBC project certification.  

This product is an example of how it is possible to create projects that are aesthetically pleasing while using materials that are good for the environment. Using fiber cement in commercial projects is a way to add value to construction and to work with a more sustainable economy.   

Design and Sustainability Together  

Commercial projects, like residential, are evidence of how the industry and the marketplace are changing. Today, there is a movement to create a commercial space that also incorporates materials, resources and processes that enhance the site and provide beauty, health and sustainable design.  

Offering customers green options for their sites is a responsibility because the construction sector is a major contributor to environmental damage, so this is a way to change this scenario and offer consumers better products in harmony with nature, in addition to meeting the needs of customers.

 

 

 

 

 

101.jpg

100.jpg

99.jpg

98.jpg

97.jpg

1.png

 

Square for instagram (7).jpg

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
COVERINGS ETC STAYS COMMITTED TO
 
 
Global Goals